Monday, October 07, 2013

Catching up...

There's an assortment of things to talk about today...

• World Cardmaking Day:
Thanks so much to all of you who stopped by SG Saturday to make the three free cards. Our "card bar" in the lobby was busy all day! Lindsey did a fantastic job of showing everyone how to use blending pens and the new distress glitter. I think she finally was able to eat lunch at 4 pm. Can't tell you how much we appreciate her knowledge and her ability to share that with others...she's a natural!

• SG's ninth birthday:
This week, on the 11th, we celebrate our actual birthday -- nine years! We're going to delay our celebration until the new website is up and running, and then we'll have a blowout event both here in the store and online. I'm working on a post for later in the week that will take us down memory lane and highlight the important events in SG history. It's hard to believe that we've been doing this for nine years!

• New website:
I wish I could tell you when the new e-commerce site will be finished. We're past the "cosmetic" phase and into the programming phase. Just as soon as we have a better grasp of how long that will take, I'll let you know. Believe me, no one is more anxious than we are to have it ready. 

• New online magazine:
I've been working on the magazine design as I have time, and I'll continue to say how much fun I'm having doing that. In the next couple of weeks, we'll be sending the sketches for the January issue to the manufacturer's design team that will be featured that month. Once that starts, it will be a constant cycle of sending out SG sketches and getting beautiful layouts and projects back from the leading companies and the talented scrapbookers who design for them.

Soon, I'll announce the companies that will be taking part in the sketch portion of the magazine for the first six months. The names will be extremely familiar to you, and represent the best the industry has to offer! All the companies have been so supportive and willing to "lend" us their design teams for this exciting new venture for SG.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS